Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Guru

The young man struggled as he climbed toward the mountain peak.  He stopped to catch his breath  and glanced upward .  He had been told that a wise man lived on that peak.
Later after much effort he finally achieved his goal and was rewarded by the sight of a guru sitting on the ground in meditation.
"How do I attain success and happiness" asked the young man.
"Success comes from wanting and happiness comes from not wanting" was the guru's answer.


  1. Walt,
    Please feel free to remove the attribution of the answer to the story. I like the story better without mention of my blog post. I do appreciate your mention, but it really is not necessary. I enjoy your writing and have no problem with you using that line.

  2. Thanks Jim for letting me use some of your wisdom in my story.